Dessert Island Book Signing w/ Ben Zhu
May 22, 2021
May 22, 5:00PM - 8:00PM
*Pre-order a book from Nucleus before May 25 and 25% of the book's sale will go to Oceana.org
- Ben will be signing books and making a short in person presentation about the book's 6 year journey from concept to publish.
- All guests attending the reception in person receive a free gift with each book purchase.
- On display will be new paintings as well as select spreads and reproductions from the book.
- STUDIOSPARRO.com will be providing a group paint activity that will be raffled to one lucky winner at the end of the event.
- Free cupcakes and activity sheets while supplies last.
- We will allow around 50 guests in the building at a time. For the safety and comfort of others please wear a mask.
ABOUT DESSERT ISLAND
Monkey is on a dessert island. It is made of frosting, berries, and other delicious things. Fox is on a desert island. It is made of dirt, rocks, and sand. But as time goes on, their fortunes change, and Monkey and Fox discover that no animal is an island.
"This picture-book debut blends poignant themes of sharing and selflessness... a beautiful and universal message of kindness and community." ―School Library Journal, starred review
“A page-turner . . . with an ending that is certifiably sweet.” —Publishers Weekly
“A guileless parable about having your cake and eating it too.” —Kirkus Reviews
“Ben Zhu offers a charming and thoughtful debut about turning lemons into lemonade.” ―Dan Santat
"Zhu packs a rich story and message into remarkably few but carefully chosen words." ―Booklist
ABOUT BEN ZHU
Ben Zhu is an illustrator, who after working in the video game industry, founded Gallery Nucleus in 2004, an art gallery and bookshop devoted to illustration, animation, and narrative art, with locations in Los Angeles and Portland. Born in Beijing, he moved to the United States at age seven and now lives in Southern California with his wife, and daughter.
Learn more about Ben and the book HERE
Some artwork may be paid for in installments. Please for details.