Current Employment Opportunities
Gallery Curator Assistant
We are looking for an organized illustration art / pop culture nerd that is passionate about inspiring others, organizing fun events, and building community. Apply if you are looking to make a career of helping artists grow, inspiring others, and event organizing.
Job Description / Responsibilities:
- Help organize and execute exhibitions and events.
- Customer service and sales.
- Coordinating with assisting artists and various vendors in realizing exhibitions and events.
- Preparing artwork to be sellable online and in person (photographing, data entry etc)
- Marketing research and outreach for exhibitions and events.
- Art / inventory management.
- Assist gallery curators with various event related tasks.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Must be a fan of comics, animation, illustrated and entertainment arts
- Some gallery / museum experience preferred
- Must know their way around a spreadsheet
- Should be extremely organized and system minded
- Should not afraid to get their hands a little dirty
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills
- Preferably already a fan of Nucleus
- Preferably has some design or english arts background
- Must be able to work in person at 210 East Main St. Alhambra CA 91801
- Part Time / Full time
- Up to 5 days a week
- 12pm - 8pm daily
$17 / hour starting pay
*To apply for this position please email your resume, cover letter, and top 3 reasons why we should hire you, top 3 animated films, top 3 artists, and top 3 video games to [email protected].
Gallery Preparation Intern
This is a non-paid internship, however we do offer school credit (if applicable), store discounts, recommendation letters, resume and portfolio assistance. Interns are only required a minimum of 10 hours per week for a total of 150 hours. The duration of internships may vary based on individual schedules.
- Assisting the gallery curator in preparing the gallery for exhibitions and events.
- Hands-on work with artwork. Hanging, wrapping, and taking down exhibitions.
- Help with our gift shop and a variety of other events, gallery, and shop related tasks.
- Passionate about working hands-on with gallery artwork.
- Friendly and works well in a team environment.
- Organized, punctual, and strong desire for quality and excellent customer service.
- Eager to learn.
*Please email your resume to [email protected].
*Please also fill out the internship application